|Roger William Botanical garden is worth the visit in winter|
I never ate fried chicken, I can count on my hands the 3 times I've had KFC. Once as a child, 8th birthday. My brother in law brought some to the house 14 years ago and my brother and his wife had me over to dinner with a giant family bucket which they devoured before my baffled eyes. I since then discovered the joy of well-made fried chicken. A light light batter and plenty of crisp.
Keto Fried Chicken
|I fry in lard if anyone wants to know.|
- Bone-in thighs and drumsticks, whole legs don't quite fit in my little fryer.
- Seasoning is 'to taste' but this is what I use:
2 part kosher salt + 2 part black pepper
1 part garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
1/2 part cayenne pepper
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, toss in seasoning
- Let it cure while the oil is heating up to 375F
Just before frying:
- Toss your chicken and coat all over.
- Gently put in the oil. 15 minutes for thighs and drumsticks, wings usually 10 minutes.
- Let sit a few minutes so you don't burn your mouth (like someone I know, who isn't me.)
Yours truly, a not very hungry Julie but slowly feeling like her again.
(Yes this blog contains Amazon Associate Links. I have accumulated a whole $2,00 since I started the blog, it's for your convenience and my opportunity. I've never been paid for my opinions, ha! That'd be the day!)