Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Oh Muffin!

Pickles is our newest furry addition 

Let me count the ways how do I love thee~

Not real muffins but first let me go back 24 hours in the past to yesterday about the same time when I finally broke my 27 hours fast. First you might as, why? Why fasting, well for one thing, I felt awfully guilty from indulging during my birthday party and for another, my friends were all doing it, so I thought, why not. Actually I would strongly suggest checking out this podcast on the subject. Fasting has long been a tool to cleanse oneself or purify, whether in religion or traditional medicine, for myself it was a quick and dirty way to get back into ketosis.

What did I eat? Two cans of beef broth and 6 tbsp of heavy cream over a period of 27 hours and an ungodly amount of water. I must have peed every half hour but I only started feeling hungry toward the end and a little tense but not.. starving. I was expecting to eat my nails and the door frame but I kept myself busy and I was fine. Even when it came time to 'break' fast, I had cooked ribeyes for husband and I, honestly, I could have gone without it and just eaten the salad. For some reason I forced myself to eat it all and felt gross for it afterwards. Lesson re-learned, listen to your body.

I will re-attempt the experience next week and let you know on the results. On to muffins.

I made meatloaf and shaped it like muffins. Oh! I'm so clever.


Meatloaf Muffins

1 package of meatloaf mix (about 1 lbs or even mixture of ground pork and ground beef)
4 hot Italian sausages (taken out of the casings)
1 egg, raw beaten
1/3 cup of Parmesan
1/2 cup of Walden farm BBQ sauce ( If you want)
salt, pepper, mixed Italian seasonings

12 slices of bacon (half baked)

Oven at 350F
- Mix the ground meats, sausages, egg, Parmesan and seasonings together. Mix well.
- Line a large muffin tin with the slices of bacon, 2 in each cups (6 cups!)
- Press 1/6 of the mixture in each of the cups inside the bacon Snuggie.
- Slater with BBQ sauce (or even Heinz's low sugar ketchup)
- Bake for 35 minutes.





So easy, even a caveman could- oh..right. No oven. Muahahaha~ Click here for nutritional information and printable recipe! (We're getting so fancy, sorta!)

Next step, get my camera up and running again because I can't stand my cellphone pictures anymore.


Enjoy!
Hungrily Yours, 
                      Julie

1 comment:

  1. I should have read this earlier. I love your writing style. Made me lol many times. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete