Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer Laze

Summit of MT.Elmore, VT
Hee~eeeyyy!

I swear I'm alive, and have no excuse and full of regrets for not posting! Husband And I have been caught in a rut of skewered meat rubbed with various seasoning and not been wanting for much more than that. More recently I went camping in Vermont for a couple of days, keeping keto wouldn't have been so hard if I wasn't so much in "vacation mode". A couple cider donuts here and Ben and Jerry's there.. I hiked a damn mountain, I deserved it!

Any excuse to have a treat, right? I can kick, moan and mope about it but deep down, my abuse of cheese, nuts and treats is the only reason that the scale hasn't budged. I wish I could channel the same focus I did when I first started but those days seems so long gone, I'm feeling off balanced. All the same, every meal's a new meal and every step forward is one further away from the old me.

Nothing too crazy again in matter of cooking, I felt like switching things around a little and something caught my eye at the grocery store. Sun dried tomato pesto, normally I would go through the trouble of making it myself but the ingredient list wasn't scary and the promised carb count was attractive. I went for it and came out with something absolutely delicious. I hope you give it a shot, it doesn't have bacon but damnit, I didn't have anymore!

DaVinci is a pretty decent company, real ingredients in the Pesto is what made me decide to buy vs make myself. 1 carb / 2 tbsp with 9 portions per jar. A whooping 9 net carbs. Fantastic. I used about half the jar for the 2 lbs pork loin.

Pork Loin Stuffed with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

1 piece of pork loin (around 2 lbs)
1 jar of Da Vinci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto (or make your own, obviously)
1 bag of fresh baby spinach
Your favorite oil (I used coconut)
salt, pepper, oregano

Oven at 400F
Butterfly the pork loin (Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj2rncLTi74)
Fill the inside of the meat with a good layer of Pesto and spinach, roll and tie. (I didn't tie mine)

Rub the outside of the meat with oil, sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper and oregano.

Bake for about 75 minutes. Enjoy!

I made a giant pile of farm fresh green beans sauteed in butter as well. It came out so awesome that my husband was sad there wasn't anymore. What he doesn't know (yet) is that I'm making it again tonight. Woohoo!

Take it easy, life's too short to worry.
Yours truly, 
Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment