Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pimp My Pork

If you know me, and some of you do, pork is MY favorite meat. So tasty and full of flavor, every part of the pig is a delight. I have evil plans on making cheesehead as soon as we buy a house. I doubt my landlord would appreciate the whole pig head boiling thing. Meanwhile I was playing around with country style ribs, I was getting bored with the way I was making them so I went a bit crazy and decided that it needed bacon.

Yes, double whammy of pork!

Then of course I couldn't stop eating it, gave myself a tummy ache but it was worth it. If you're going to try anything, please try this because I'm going to keep raving about it.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Ribs
Makes 4 skewers
Portion 2 people

4 thick boneless country style ribs
8 slices of bacon, cut in half
1/2 cup of Memphis rub (found here)
Some ribs were bigger and required more bacon + skewers

Oven at 400F
Cut your pork ribs in 4 thick slices each, roll in the seasoning.
Wrap each cube in a half slice of bacon and skewer properly in place.
Lay the skewers across a deep pan (such as this)
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Watch the bacon, I left mine in till the bacon looked perfect. Not too crispy, not too soft.
So tasty...

Enjoy. Oh my god, these were like crack. Could have eaten them all day. But then I ran out and I was very sad. Pork Crack! Also I'm slightly hyper due to my heat - exhaustion due to biking 10 miles in 80F weather. What a lovely day, I had hoped to do 20 miles but wasn't going to happen when I just about passed out under a tree.
Overexposed picture of my ribbies and these ugly faux-tato-taters (which were good, actually)
Hope you try them, seriously these are amazing.

Stay Cool!
Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment