Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Snow! More Snow and Snow!

It's quite the winter weather we're having this year in Rhode Island. For years I would laugh at the "inch" of snow we would get and people going into full panic mode. "MILK AND BREAD, QUICK! GOTTA GET MILK AND BREAD" but this year we've been having back to back snow storm, it's quite the beautiful sight, if you like snow.

I want to quickly plug in one of my new favorite discovery. As a dog groomer, my hands are constantly abused by water and soap. They are normally fairly dry but this year my skin started to peel and burn between my fingers (EEEK). My usual kit of Cortisone and Aveeno did nothing to stop it. I discovered O'keeffe's working hands lotion and it's absolutely wonderful to relieve the pain in my hand and restore my skin. I'm not paid or given any freebies to mention this, if you have the same problem as me, you might want to pop in over there to check it out.

Taking a break from the whole, visiting country cooking thing, I'm a bit tired and cranky this week because my landlord turned a bit weird on me this week. We're most likely looking into buying a house soon, I would be more excited if the process didn't scare the daylights out of me and my husband but I think it'll all work out for the best. And with all that, I still found time to cook something lovely that I wanted to share with you.

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Artichokes and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Prep Work, 15 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Yes I drew boobs on the bag
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
6 oz jar of artichoke hearts, drained
2 oz of sun-dried tomato
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
handful of fresh basil leaves or 2 tbsp of dried basil
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp pepper
6 slices of bacon, raw

  • Oven at 350F
  • Prepare a roasting pan with an oven-safe grill.
  • Place the artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice and zest, basil, salt and pepper into a food processor and pulse into a paste
  • Cut your chicken breasts open and pound them flat evenly. (Here's a little tutorial)
  • Spread the mixture between the two breasts and close.
  • Wrap the bacon around the breasts tightly, use more if needed.
  • Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
  • These things were huge
  • Turn the oven to broil and watch the bacon turn golden, flip it over CAREFULLY and do the other side. The broiling should not take more than 2 minutes per side.



Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Fiber
Sugar
NET CARBS
Total
999
46
35
130
11
16
35
1 out of 4
250
12
9
33
3
4
9

What?! 4 servings, what devilry is this? Well, living keto means learning how to balance a plate, it should have more than a giant chicken boob filled with goodies. Half your breasts, fill the plate with vegetables cooked in butter and you're getting closer to being "normal". Also since we eat a lot less, the whole thing would have been too much in the end. Enjoy!

Can't wait for spring!
Hungry Julie

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Trying it tonight!

    ReplyDelete