Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New.. Roast?

Bad-Ass Hungry Julie
I love my roast, if any of you chat with me on #ketochat IRC, you know how much I love my roast. I follow religiously my recipe because once it's perfect, but I decided to go off the deep-end and started going through my cookbooks for something different but not too crazy, I like my red meat to taste like meat, while white meat can be flavored more readily. This recipe was great on the beef but I could see myself using it on chicken and pork as well. To be continued! But for now, I hope you give this a try because it was magical.

Chuck Roast
with garlic and mustard spread

Makes 4 servings
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time Varies ( 90 minutes for me)

OXO makes the best garlic press






Chuck Roast, around 4 lbs
10 cloves of garlic, pressed (I love this Garlic Press)
1/2 cup of Dijon Mustard or Whole Grain
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp of ground mustard
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp paprika







Oven at 450F.
Implant a Leave-In Thermometerin the thickest part of your roast.
Mix your ingredients together and spread over the roast with a spoon.
Place the roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Lower the temperature to 350F and leave the roast it till the inner temperature hits 145F.
Before cooking
And after!
Nothing quite like a slab of meat to fill your stomach, the little pearl onions are delicious when thrown in with the roast and touched with a bit of olive oil. No need to peel them and at around 4 net carbs per 3-4 onions, you can afford a couple tasty bites if it fits in your daily allotment. 



First Week of January accomplished
NEXT!
Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment