Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

The best present ever

Some people go way over the top with "A new year, a new you". While setting a date such as January 1st to get a new start is a great way to be motivated, most people will abandon all good changes by the time Valentine's Day roll around. Myself have decided to start anew, since I jumped off the wagon and started running backward on the tracks during the holidays, double stomach bug and flu since Thanksgiving, I was out to survive more than lose weight. That aside, my frame of mind is set to HAPPY.

Now let's talk chicken.

Because... chicken is good.

And tasty.

Marinating!
Buffalo Lime Grilled Chicken 
serves: 2 people
prep time: 2 minutes + hours to marinate
cooking time: varies

4 chicken breasts cut in tender size, about 4 strips per breasts.
1 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
1/4 cup of lime juice
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp of oil
1/4 tsp salt

Chicken takes a while to flavor, so prep this the night before, to maximize the marinating.

Mix the marinade and slop the chicken in there. Cover and let sit over night, or a couple hours as you wish.

Grill, sauté or bake the chicken until done. 4 minutes per sides in a high heat pan, or 20 mins at 350F in the oven.
Action Shot!











Why such an easy recipe? Because I'm a self-serving kitchen bastard who wanted to highlight my brand new Post-Christmas present from my husband to myself. Lodge makes the most fantastic cast-iron skillets and if you're into that, you should get this one. I'm not replacing my Emeril one but because the ridges aren't so high, it will be a lot easier to clean this puppy, the sides aren't as high so I would be careful not to make something too greasy but it's perfect for chicken, fish and vegetables.


Your friend in 2014
Hungry Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment