Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Breakfast for One

Between two stomach bug and a cold from outer space, I haven't been able to focus enough to write, sorry guys! The only thing I've eaten in the past 4 days has been Corn Flakes and while I bitterly regret it right now, at the time it was the only thing going in. Being sick while on any diet is really a pain in the arse. I'd suggest to anyone to suck it up and do what works for you. You can always start back later. Which is right now for me!

Starting with breakfast, after two years of low-carbing, bacon is starting to be a little bit... boring. On the other end of the spectrum, my husband refuses to have breakfast unless it involves "breakfast foods" such as ham, bacon or sausage. WHATEVER HUN, HAVE YOUR GRAPE-NUTS! (love you). So after I drop him off at the train, I come home to cook myself something a little out of the ordinary. I intend on making a whole series of these breakfast concoction, because I know I'm not the only one getting bo-red with breakfast. Yes it will usually involve eggs because eggs is the perfect food. 

"But eggs are bad for you!" "You eat HOW MANY EGGS?" "Your cholesterol must be so high..."

I've heard it all, one week, eggs are good, the next they are bad. There is no settling down the right answer because people don't have all the facts. Eating cholesterol doesn't GIVE you high cholesterol, it's actually the opposite. Here is a great article I found but somehow I know there are just as many articles denying the same facts. Who's right, who's wrong? I'll let you know if I have a heart attack. Personally, I eat 2-3 eggs a day, I know some people who have way more than that and all is well in the world. 

Juicing, the dry-hump of breakfast. Humongous amount of kale, strawberries, bananas, spinach, peanut butter, protein powder and almond milk rushing straight to your blood stream at the speed of light. Breaking down the fibers (with a food processor for example) of any fruit or vegetable destroys it's natural ability to be digested, so not only is your stomach not working for it's meal, meaning that you'll be hungry faster than if you had chewed your way through all that, but it also raises your blood sugar; ergo forcing your body to create more insulin to counter balance. The way to diabetes is paved with Magic Bullets and good intentions.

Moving on, here is a 880 calories breakfast that will stick to you solidly and if you are a busy person like me with no fixed lunch hour, you won't be sad you started the day with it. I used white american cheese because that's all I had but I usually try to use cheddar which has no carbs to speak of.

Breakfast One: Hamburgers
Serving size: 2 patties
Prep and Cooking: 15 minutes

1/2 lb of ground chuck beef
3 eggs
2 slices of white american cheese
salt, pepper, thyme, oregano

Mix the ground chuck with the spices and one egg, form 2 patties.
Grill the patties in a frying pan until cooked through. Top with cheese until melted.
Fry the two last eggs in the same pan, top the burgers.
Enjoy!


Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar







Per Serving 880 2.5 68 61 0 2.5
It doesn't get any easier.

Your Early Bird,
Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment