Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's Tuesday, I'm Hungry

Hi, my name is Preston and I am looking for a forever home.
 I can be adopted from the North Attleboro Shelter in Massachusetts.
508-699-0128
My forever complain will be that my husband dislikes any part of the chicken that isn't the boneless breast. Anytime I get a rotisserie chicken (Usually from Willow Tree Farm in Attleboro, MA), I attack the legs and wings first, leaving the breasts for a later lunch or for Hubby. All the flavors and none of the dryness which he loves so much. While we're not rich people, I refuse to pay the outrageous price they asks for the boneless breasts at the grocery store, $1,99/lb is as much as I'll pay for it. Even my Spanish butcher which offers price in bulks, $6,90 for 10 lbs of chicken drumstick vs $22 for 10 lbs of boneless breasts. I let you decide which one thrifty Julie gets. But when I give in or see a good sale, I'll get it. I'm not a cruel wife. 

Needless to say, I LOVE chicken thighs. So here's a tasty sauce for thighs but also "acceptable" for any part of the chicken, I suppose. Peanut butters are not created alike, remember to always read the label before purchasing anything. Certain companies makes sure kids demands that their parents buy THIS brand because of how sweet it is, by adding extra sugar to it. If you can get a hold of pure wholesome only peanut butter, go for it. I can't find any in my normal grocery trips so I settle for Stop and Shop's Nature's Promise Crunchy Peanut Butter with 3 net carbs per serving.

Indonesian Chicken Thighs
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes

1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1 can of coconut milk-full fat (7oz)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala (or half and half cumin and corriander)
1 tsp ground gringer
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
6 chicken thighs or drumsticks
We are family
Oven at 350F.
With a whisk, mix all your ingredients for the sauce together.
Place the chicken in a broiler-proof dish (Corning ware is NOT broiler-proof).
Pour the sauce over it.
Cook for 35 minutes at 350F and an extra 5 minutes under the broiler. 
Enjoy!  
I forgot to take a plated picture. my bad.
As you can see here, I used a Corning-Ware dish and did not broil it so the skins did not crisp up like I wanted. Don't do like me, use a metal or stoneware dish.



Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar Net Carbs
Total 2746 31 216 171 12 15 19
Per thigh 458 5 36 29 2 3 3

This recipe could be (and will be) modified to make chicken satay with boneless chicken or turkey breasts. Will keep you updated on that situation, the sauce is perfectly thick for such thing. And as my Hubby said "I liked the sauce well enough." That settles it. (wink*)

Your hostess, 
Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment