Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mid-Summer Night

Rhode Island, 2013

August first. The temperature are warm but not overbearing. The wind is cooling, the garden is wavering but still filled with juicy tomatoes. I love this time! Cooler temperatures means I can venture outside to go hiking. I've visited so many state parks in the past two weeks. Of my 200 miles goals, I've reached 88 so far. Not bad, I intend on climbing Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire to celebrate my 100th mile. 
North South Trail, Rhode island 
Fun times to be had! I'm very excited because I'm feeling so much more like myself. I bitched and whined for years because I couldn't go hiking or canoeing because of my weight. And here I am, dragging myself through the woods and hills, having a blast and feeling plain fantastic. The kind of feelings I wish on everyone.  If you want to follow my progress, here's my Endomondo profile. Add me as your friend!

I've been sitting on this awesome marinade for a few years, It makes great chicken but it could be great for pork as well. Loin or chops, I'm not picky but tonight I'm cleaning out the freezer. Four split breasts are my victims.

Spicy Peachy Chicken
Serves 4
Prep Time 1 hour
Bake Time 45 mins
I don't like long marinade but it's worth it for chicken
2 tbsp sriracha
2 tbsp water
1/3 cup of Smuckers Sugar Free Peach Preserve
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/3 cup of soy sauce (I used the Walmart brand, it has no carbs)
2 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts, bone-in

Whisk the marinade together and lay the chicken in there for an hour.
Place the chicken in a baking dish, pour the marinade on top and bake at 400F for 45 minutes.

Nutritional Information for the marinade alone



Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Fiber
Sugar
Net Carb
Total
374
32
27
5
10
6
22
4 Servings
94
8
7
1
3
2
6

Have a wonderful summer!
Hungry Julie

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited to try this tonight - Do you have any suggestions for sides? Also I bought Kikkoman Soy Sauce and it had 0 carbs also - I just wanted to point that out in case anyone was unable to go to Walmart.

    ReplyDelete