Monday, July 15, 2013

Cool Summer Breeze

Fruits of my Garden 2013

Fish is one of my favorite go-to in the summer. Fresh and simple and also loaded with omega-3s, which gives me beautiful smooth hair and also various health benefits but mostly my bootiful hair. Hubby asked for tuna but the sad-sack of tuna steaks that were offered at my local seafood market (13,99/lb) made me turn to the swordfish (14,99/lb) which was bright, shinny and delicious looking. Of course only AFTER I picked a two lb steak of swordfish did I see the fluffy and fat cod sitting there (9,99/lb) but I digress, I already had in mind what I wanted to make.

KEBABS!

Teehee, the marinade is fairly simple and delicious, swordfish absorbs everything very quickly so the marinade only needs 20 minutes to activate. Now last time I mixed my vegetables and meat but I received suggestion to keep the proteins and the vegetables separated to help cooking more uniformly. So I tried that and it worked out great! No better than mixing the two but it was nicer that way, I think. Do as you wish, it's all good.

Batman also loves swordfish
Sworfish Kebabs
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes

2 lbs swordfish, cut in cubes
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of carb free soy sauce
1/2 tbsp chili paste
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp dry thyme
Room Temperature marinade is fine if your AC is running
Douse the fish in the marinade and let it sit for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the oven to 400F and soak your wooden skewers in water.
Skewer the meat on the sticks and place them suspended on a deep dish pan.
Bake for 15 minutes, basting mid-way through.
The "suspended" grilling technique
Double the marinade to use for the vegetables too, I used a mixture of onions, zucchini and green peppers.  I wanted to use cherry tomatoes as well but didn't have any. Too bad. Enjoy!
Tasty, Healthy, Easy -> my favorite adjectives


Stay Healthy!
Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment