Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Coffee!

45 Bromfield Street, Boston, MA

One thing I have my husband to thank for, is my new found love for coffee. For years I struggle with the fact that I hated the taste of coffee. I wanted to like it so bad, I could see the look of happiness in people's face when they tasted that brown water that seemed so foul to me. I tried everything! 10 sugar, 10 creams, blearghs! Nothing to avail. Until the one day, Chris showed me the way! Good coffee! No way! No jokes!

I don't know what it was, maybe because the coffee didn't come in a bag or a sealed can, roasted and ground months ago in some weird warehouse in mexico, but instead, lovingly picked and roasted and ground less than a day ago in a local coffee shop? I was smacked, I had become a coffee snob.

Snob as I may be, my new favorite person in the world is Tom from Boston Brewin' on Bromfield st in Boston, near Downtown Crossing. If you ever go by there, you MUST stop in to ask for a Tom Special (4 espresso with caramel syrup) and have a chat with the guy. Read more about him and his shop on his website but I have to say, there is something to be said for someone whom follows their dreams. I always say, do what you love and love what you do. We have very little control over the events that happens in our lives and we can either complain about them or make the best out of it. Tom does the later and inspires many others by it.

To honor this really cool guy, I give you:

The Boston Brewin' Pork Loin
Serves 4
Prep time 5 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes

3 lbs of pork loin (I chose two smaller pieces of cushion meat)
2 tbsp of finely ground coffee (Boston Brewin' Blend)
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Rubbed and ready to go

Blueberry Chutney

1 cup of fresh blueberries
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp minced onion
2 tbsp butter

Oven at 400F
Heat up a cast iron skillet on the stove top on high heat.
Rub the pork with a mixture of the spices and sear on both sides for 2 minutes each.
Place the pork in the oven until an instant-read thermometer reads 145F inside. (About 30 minutes.)
Wrap in foil for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with the chutney.

For the Chutney:
Melt the butter in a sauce pan and saute the onions for a few minutes.
Add the blueberries and cook them on a medium-low heat until they have wilted.
Add the balsamic vinegar and bring to boil.
Lower the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring once in a while.

Serve together and cheer to your good health!
With zucchini from my garden, yes please!

Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Fiber
Sugar
Net Carbs
Per Serving:
545
8
24
70
1
4
7

While I'd love to take all the credit, this beautiful creation was inspired and re-created for your pleasure from the recipe of Jenessa over at Jenessa's Dinners. All credit of this recipe goes to her. I had been looking for a long time for the perfect recipe to showcase Tom's awesome coffee blends.

Hungry Julie

2 comments:

  1. I like the dish name "Blueberry Chutney". Your dish seems good I will try this.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cooked this recipe today- it looks beautiful, and I followed the instructions (145 temp cooked) but mine came out a bit tough only a small portion of the meat is tender. How do you make it so it doesn't come out so tough?

    ReplyDelete