Monday, June 24, 2013

Crazy Fun Times!

It's Summer!
Hello everyone! 

I promise I haven't deserted you, the best excuse I could come up with was that every one of my days off in the past three weeks has been dedicated to helping my aunt to move. What a nightmare and yet I've come to a great realization. My back doesn't -really- hurt. I can feel the soreness and the burn but sitting on my ass at the computer for two days in a row will put me in agony, while three weeks of moving heavy furniture only leaves me tired? Well wow. I knew the truth all along but this is nice. While I love playing video games, I find it much more enjoyable to not be in pain over it.

Ah, but here I am and back in strength. I wanted to share with your my husband's favorite burger and a something I came up with in a food Epiphany, you know where you think about something and it comes out tasting -exactly- how you wanted it to? This was it. I hope you are enjoying your summer, I sure am, after seeing the B-52's and the Go-Go's in concert last night in Boston, I'm off to a pretty awesome start.

Rosemary Turkey Burgers
Makes 4 patties
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 6-8 minutes

1.3 lbs of ground turkey  (that's how Stop n Shop sells it, go figure)
3.5 oz (2/3c) of finely diced red onions
2 oz (1/3c) of crumbled feta
1 1/2 tsp of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
1 tbsp of fresh rosemary, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

  • Mix all your ingredients together and form 4 patties.
  • Heat up the grill to medium-high or a grill pan, or a frying pan with a bit of oil in it.
  • When the pan/grill is ready, cook the patties 3-4 minutes per sides. 



Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Fiber
Sugar
Net Carbs
Total:
774
15
25
119
2
5
13
Per Serving:
194
4
6
30
1
1
3



Sage Butter Acorn Squash
Servings 4
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes

1 acorn squash
1 stick of butter (8 tbsp)
1 bundle of fresh sage (a handful)


  • Oven at 400F
  • Slice your squash in thick slices , either length or width, around 1 1/2 inch thick.
  • Clean out the seeds from each slices and lay them flat on a cookie sheet.
  • Melt the butter with the sage, I used the microwave but you could use a saucepan.
  • Baste the butter on each side of the squash and pour the rest on top.
  • Lay out the sage leaves on top of the squash.
  • Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway. 



Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Fiber
Sugar
Net Carbs
Total:
577
45
46
3
6
0
39
Per Serving:
144
11
12
1
2
0
8


I hope you try these! The burgers makes amazing offerings for a cook out, they can even be turned into meatballs. The squash is simply divine, the sage adds a very light flavor and it just melts on the tongue.



See you soon!

Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment