Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spicy!


A quickie for Crock-Pot Wednesday. One reason why I love Crock-Pot Wednesday is because I work late shift (4-8) and there's nothing more I dislike than pre-made and re-warmed food. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to that. So my $5 crock-pot from a yard sale and a home-made fixed nob is my savior. Throw everything together, “set it and forget it.” Friend of mother, busy people, girlfriends who can't cook, boyfriends who can't cook. With such a simple apparatus, everyone can.
DO NOT skip on these :)

Tonight is a spicy (medium) chicken dish with a light bite but not too much. It can obviously be adjusted to be spicier but don't skimp on the chipotle peppers, they can easily be found in the Spanish aisle or like me at my Spanish butcher. Goya makes a decent one, the flavor is undeniable. My husband even deemed it so delicious that he has placed it in his personal hall of fame. Enjoy!

Hall of Fame Spicy Chicken

Feeds 6 people
Prep Time 5 minutes
Nutrition facts include every bit of sauce, use own judgement.

4 lbs of chicken, boneless, skinless, cut in cubes
½ lb sliced or ground chorizo
1 onion, sliced
15 oz canned tomato sauce
7 oz canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp red pepper flakes

Toss everything in the crock-pot and put on low for 8 hours.
Enjoy with every fiber of your body.
Slightly spicy and hearty, perfect after a day of hiking or working

Friend of the busy people

Hungry Julie



Calories
Carbs
Fat
Protein
Fibers
Sugar
Net Carbs
Total:
2599
57
38
472
20
33
37
Per Serving:
433
9.5
6
78
3
5.5
6.5




1 comment:

  1. I fixed the nutrition count. It was set for 4 servings but I easily fed 6 people with this stoup :D

    ReplyDelete