Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simplicity


Simplicity

Now you'd look at my blog and think “That girl never eats anything simple.” While that might be right in the sense that I never crack into a box of mac n cheeze or microwave corn dogs (anymore) but finding recipes, creating something new helps me find a focus in this crazy world. I just about got into a shouting match with a guy from Spain about cooking wine vs real wine. Concession is a dirty word but it doesn't have to be. I HAVE to me concessions about certain things, yes I use cooking wine, yes I use Real Lemon, I'm trying to put all the chances on my sides. There's certain things I simply refuse to do, such as keto-baking: flour-less, psyllum husk, flax seed and Atkins baking mix mixed with Stevia. No no no, I can't do it. For one thing I'm super allergic to flax, something I didn't know before.
Simple!
Back to simple cooking, simple ingredients can still offer us amazing results. Look in your spices cabinet (mine is the size of a fridge) and look for the bottles of stuff you rarely use. We fall too often into routine and we get bored of it. For us chicken is that routine, simple, easy, cheap. I promised I wouldn't do another chicken recipe for a while but here we are again. In this fast-paced life we abide by the time given to us and try to make the best out of it. Today I give you:

Herbes de Provence with Lavander, oh my!

Roasted Chicken with Herbes de Provence

cooking time 50 minutes
prep time 5 minutes

One whole chicken (or pieces with bone and skin)
½ stick of butter, room temperature
2 tbsp Herbes de Provence
salt n pepper
1 lemon cut in quarters

Oven at 350F
Mix your spices with the butter into a paste.
Stick the lemon, more salt and pepper inside the cavity of the chicken.
Rub the butter all over the chicken, inside the skin too.
Place the chicken in the oven on the middle rack and let bake for 50 minutes.
Baste the chicken every 15 minutes with it's own butter/juices.


Messy and delicious


Delicious,simple, awesome

Because a meal is scarcely one without my husband's famous salad, we ran out of cucumbers last night, he was sad and decided to replace them with slices of pepperoni, because you know, it's the "same thing."

Today's challenge: Find 15 minutes and go for a walk.
Yours truly:

Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment