Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stuffed to the Gills!

I'm a child of the Internet. I grew up with a computer, playing around with QBasic on my dad's 4.86. I learned early on to use a computer, as the Internet grew, I made my teeth on goodies but oldies sites such as JoeCartoon.com or even HampsterDancing.com. I even met the guy who later became my husband, online! All this to explain where today's recipe comes from.

On the Reddit community for Low-Carbers like me, I met a bunch of awesome people with whom I've connected and made friends. My bud Stingroo made stuffed chicken breasts the other night, which made me "Oh so very proud" because he has something green and vegetable in there. At any rates, I wanted to make my own version and here it is. 

This one's for you, Stingroo

Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Serves 3
Nutrition Value: Calories 532, Fat 27, Carbs 5, Fiber 2, Protein 64, Sugar 1, Net Carbs 3

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 asparagus spears, thick white part trimmed away
4 oz of Pepper Jack cheese, shredded 
2 Portobella mushrooms, minced
1/2 birdeye chili, minced
salt n pepper
1 tbsp Cajun seasonings
1/4 C olive oil
6 slices of thick cut bacon

Oven to 350F
Cut your breasts in portfolio and flatten them out lightly with a meat mallet.
Place 4 spears of asparagus in the middle of each.
Mix the cheese, the mushrooms, the chili, salt n pepper in a bowl.
Place a generous handful of cheese mixture on each bundle of asparagus.
Fold the breast back together, use toothpicks if you must to keep it together.
Wrap two slices of bacon around each breasts, place in a oven-proof dish.
Mix the oil and seasonings together and gently baste the breasts all over with a brush.
Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
You will be baked, and then there will be cake
Could only eat half one for dinner myself
So cheesy!

Have a cheesy, most wonderful day!

Hungry Julie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really delicious, Julie! I'd love to try this!

    ReplyDelete