Wednesday, February 13, 2013

To Feed is to Love, to Love is to Feed


To Feed is to Love, to Love is to Feed
8 years ago, my boyfriend at the time invited me to a V-Day dinner on the 13th of February, because the 14th would just be too busy. Ever so thoughtful! We ate at Hemingway's in Providence. I still remember, I had the surf n turf and he had the fillet mignon. Sweet delicious memories. But that special night, he asked if I would marry him and I said, YES! And cried like a baby outside the restaurant.

Each year we try and make a little fancy feast for one another, and the story goes that each year, someone get's critically injured by playing with the oven. Fearing nothing and spitting in fate's face, I attempted again this year to give my lovey a pleasing dinner without any blood or burns, and succeeded! The easiest recipes, the smoothest operations and the result was just to die for. I am digesting slowly as I write these words.

Bacon Wrapped Scallops

Serves however many in appetizer
Cooking time 20 minutes
Watch the professionalism!  
Oven at 450F
Take your scallops, I used the large sea scallops.
Wrap them in a piece of thick raw bacon.
Use a skewer to hold in place.
Place in oven, bake till bacon is golden, about 20 minutes.

Perfectly Keto at that
As simple as that, I turned up the broiler for the few last minutes, I like my bacon ultra crispy. $13 for 6 huge scallops, we paid the same price at The American in Providence last week for 5 tiny ones. Totally worth it.

The main dish comes from the Whole Food Market website, I modified ever so slightly to fit the ingredients that I had. Also I removed the salt addition completely, Feta is ever so salty as it is.

Feta and Ricotta Stuffed Salmon; Julie's Version

Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins

2 salmon filets (about 1½ lb total)
1 Cup of baby spinach
2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
½ Cup of Ricotta cheese
4 oz of Feta cheese, crumbled
ground pepper
1 sprig of fresh oregano
1 sprig of fresh dill ( Can be omitted, I hate it myself)

Layering is important. *wise nod*
Oven at 450F
Oil a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
Lay out your salmon filet on the sheet and spread a thin layer of mustard all over.
Layer the mustard with spinach leaves.
In a bowl, mix your cheeses and pepper.
Spread the cheeses carefully over the fish, sprinkle with oregano and dill leaves.
Bake covered with a sheet of foil for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes.

Enjoy with someone you love. Be happy, and happy Valentine's Day.
"We keep people in our hearts because it's safe there."

Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment