Thursday, January 24, 2013

Camera KAPUT

Don't cry for me Arrrgeeentiinnaaa q.q

My camera fell off my bureau and broke! I'm so very sad, but I was even more when the camera shop told me they would have to send it to Canon to get it fixed. It'll cost me a good $140-180 to have it fixed. I'm so bummed out but it'll be worth it in the long run. Meanwhile, a month more or less, they promised, I've made myself the promise to keep the blog going, even if photo-less!

Today's recipe comes from my wonderful boss Tracy. Our local fish market started carrying trouts after I asked him about it, so I feel compelled to buy them fairly often. I usually season them with this amazing Turkish 25 spices mix that my friend Allyson brought me from Turkey and mix them with cream cheese to make a super amazing spread but I felt like being fancy and went with the pan fried version. I hope you'll try it and enjoy! To my greatest sadness, it turned out SO very pretty and the camera laid aside, lifeless! I know it'll never come out as pretty again but I'll keep that memory in my mind.

Pan Fried Stuffed Trouts

By Tracy
Feeds 4
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes total

4 trouts, cleaned out
1 lemon (8 slices)
Fresh rosemary
Fresh oregano
Salt n Pepper
Olive oil
1 cup of almond meal (optional)
1 egg (optional)

1- Eat up a large frying pan with a good layer of olive oil in it.

2- Stuff your trouts gently with the lemon and spices and close them.

3a- Brush beat up egg over the fish skin and coat loosely with almond meal.
or
3b- Brush a little more oil over the skin

4- Slide the fish in the pan and fry on medium high for 5 minutes per sides. Use tongs to flip the fish to keep them shut safely.

Serve with a delicious vegetable option! Such as pan fried summer squash in butter or asparagus. Enjoy!

Truly yours.
Hungry Julie.

No comments:

Post a Comment