Wednesday, August 29, 2012

For the love of Cooking


Flowers makes me happy

Cooking dinner for Chris is really one of my favorite pleasure in this world. His darn schedule makes it so hard to get anything ready in any fashionable time without having to leave the store running while I'm out picking him up from the train, but as they say, this too shall pass so meanwhile I'm trying to find recipe I can put together before his train gets in and that I can throw in the oven as soon as we come home. I would cook it before he gets home but I have serving food that's been sitting around, especially with three cats who have no manners at all! ( I blame myself for that last one.)

Anyhow, I'm a huge fan of this blog “Stuff I make my husband.” She is a pure genius in cooking form, usually I try and switcharoo recipes a bit but this one was so perfect, nothing to change save for the garlic, my garlic press rendered it's soul and I decided to nix it. I made the pork chops an hour in advance and popped them at 400F for 20 minutes or so, they came out just about perfect with angels singing around them. I hope you try it!


Almond Crusted Pork Chops

Serves 4
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20-30 minutes
Net Carbs per serving: 1

4 pork chops ( I used thick bone-in)
4 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
4 oz of Camembert cheese
2 oz of chopped blanched almonds
2 tbsp of oil
2 tsp of Italian seasonings
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
Salt and Pepper to taste

Turn the oven to 400F
In a large oven proof dish, lay out your pork chops and pat them dry with a paper towel.
Spread 1 tbsp of mustard on each.
Top with 1 oz of cheese on each.
Mix your almonds with the oil and spices, spread on top.
Bake for 20 minutes or until your thermometer register 145F.
Enjoy!

As usual, have a great meal!
Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment