Saturday, June 23, 2012

Working for the week-end!

Everybody's working for the week-end!

Hello Summer, we sure did miss you with your murdering heat waves and humid draft. I'm so happy to be sweating through my shorts and hiding in my house for fear of heat stokes. Love you! Thank cod for summer cooking. Barbeque, cook outs, picnics, clambakes and all those lovely words that makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Obviously I won't be having corn or clam cakes but hey, what's that in the back? Ribs? Delicious tasty ribbies? Yes ma'am! I'll have all the ribs you have, no I didn't say “I'll have some ribs, I said, I'll have ALL THE RIBS” muahahahaha.

Sadly, I do not own a grill or a smoker (But I hope to win one!) because my landlord won't let us have it on the balcony and I fear some weirdo of our lill gettho would steal it in the yard. Also, who wants to go down 2 floors to get some BBQ done, huff! I wish we had our own yard, in our own house, but that'll be a concern for Future Me. But! I know a lot of folks are in our situation and to fix this, many in -home cooking technique have been devised. For started, you NEED a grill pan. I own a fancy schmancy cast iron griddle pan from the Emeril brand that we paid a wooping $25. It goes on the stove, in the stove, under the broiler. Love it, I cook just about anything in it and it makes wonderful steaks. A crock-pot is also a must have in matter of slow cooking, pulled pork and chili alike are just so happy in there. Also it keeps the heat to a minimum in the house. Gotta get what you can.

In a couple of weeks we'll be headed to Lake Placid for some fun filled camping adventures with my dad and his lovely wife. Can't wait to see what we'll come up with for food, no pop-tarts on the fire! Now that makes me sad but no marshmallow either?! Sad! We'll fill up on kielbasa, hhhmmm!!! I'll let you know how it goes.

Have some ribs and be merry, friends!
Oink! 

Memphis Ribs, Oven style

Memphis rub uses high spice, low sugar, which makes it perfect for the low-carb diet.
Usually you will find St-Louis style ribs in Memphis but you can use just about any cut.

Oven at 225F
Pat your ribs dry and lay then down on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
Spread the rub evenly on both sides of the ribs.
Wrap tightly the racks in foil and place in the oven for 3 hours, add 30 mins per racks.

Careful to the steam when you open the packages!
Magic Powder!
Where the magic happens!

Memphis Rub
Source: About.com
Yields: 1/2 cup
Turn it into a wet sauce by mixing in equal part of water and ketchup

1/4 cup paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne

Mix ingredients together. Store in an airtight container. Spread evenly on prepared ribs that have been patted dry and let sit until the rub appears moist.

Replace the regular paprika with “smoked paprika” and magic will happen in your mouth.
Ate them for 3 days for breakfast after that. Cannot get enough!
 Have a good beginning of Summer!
The Hungry Julie XXO

No comments:

Post a Comment