Sunday, June 17, 2012

Waffling together for 9 years


A beautiful hot and sunny day at the Quonset air show

Waffling Together for 9 years.

On this lovely Sunday June 17, Chris and I celebrate 9 years of meeting each other, a meeting that we'll never forget and that sparked a loving relationship. I love him, he's my best friend and partner in life. I couldn't dream of living without him. To celebrate, I made him some special waffles in the waffler he bought me a couple of years ago for my birthday

It happened 9 years ago, can you believe it? Chris and I met through a video game online. After a couple months of chit-chatting over instant messenger, he came to visit me in Montréal and it was love at first sight. Did you know? I ran away with him! Left my home and my friends, family and job. I was crazy! (Still am!) Well, I came back.. eventually, but it was the beginning of something wonderful. We got married a few years later and celebrating 6 years this October. Life is crazy, you never know where it will take you. If I had one advice for the single people out there is be yourself. If they can't accept your misbehavior, what kind of life will that be? Chris loves and accepts my quirks, even when he's the butt of my bad jokes (hehe).

He even joined me in this crazy diet lifestyle plan, his support is amazing and I can't thank him enough. We'll both look super sexy soon!! 

As to not bore you all with my low-carb rambling, I created a sub-section to this blog called Julie's Low Carb Journal. Go there to read up on my progress and discoveries.
 
22 lbs heavier, my only change is the sugar and the flour

Almond Belgian Waffles
Serving size depends on your waffle maker, a large belgian waffler gave me 3 pieces.
Total Nutrition facts:
Calories: 1163gr
Net Carbs: 15gr
Carbs: 29gr
Fat: 92gr
Protein: 49gr
Fiber: 14gr
Sugar: 5 gr

Ingredients
1 Cup of Almond meal (I use Trader Joe's Just Almonds)
2 tbsp of Atkins All Purpose Baking Mix
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 eggs, divided yolks and whites
1 tsp Stevia extract
¼ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted butter, cooled
½ Cup of light cream
½ Cup of water

1- In a large bowl, pass the almond meal through a thin sieve to remove big skin pieces, then mix in the Atkins Baking Mix, the baking powder and the salt.

2- Whisk the 2 egg yolks with the stevia, vanilla, water, cream and butter.

3- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white with a pinch of tartar cream until they reach a soft-peak. Use an electric mixer if necessary.

4- Whisk the cream mixture with the dry ingredients and gently add the egg whites to the mixture, folding them in very gently with the whisk.

5- Use as you would in your waffle maker, because of the egg whites, these will be very airy and soft when you pick them up, don't crush them! Serve with butter, bacon and or whipped cream. None of that sugar-free syrup if you love your soul! Enjoy!

We ate the waffles, so have the pictures of a plane instead

No comments:

Post a Comment