Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dead Man Walking

Flower Show, Providence 2012
Dead man walking

If my last meal was last night, I would be happy and peaceful, but before we talk about food, let me tell you about the new blog. All week I've been tossing the ideas in my head about the blog, this blog. It's a fantastic thing I enjoy doing and I know from my friends that it is appreciated but I gave up somewhere along the lines of being bored, tired and uninspired. Mixed in between my fat arse and you have an orphan blog. But yeah, I thought things through and here we are AGAIN, version 2..

Ok, enough cheering and balloons for the 60th post, on to the food. I'm starting the South Beach Diet today so last night I stuffed myself with carbs and fat and starch and more fat. It was delicious and amazing, this is what I want when they put me on death row cough. Far from being classic sliders, these were amazing and worthy of my first blog post. Enjoy!


Un-Classic Sliders
makes 8-12 sliders, depends on the size

2 lbs ground beef 90%
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 envelope of dry onion soup mix
½ cup of mayonnaise
pickles, lettuce, tomato for topping
8-12 small square ciabatta rolls

Turn on the oven at 350F
Mix the ground beef with the dry soup and brown in a large skillet
Mix the cheese, sauce and mayonnaise in the meat and pile in the split rolls
Close the rolls and bake them for 20 minutes
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy

For a lovely side dish, drop the frozen fries in the trash and get yourself a couple of russet potatoes and cut in 8 quarters. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper & Italian seasonings. Bake at 400F for 40 minutes, flipping them over halfway. 

Three cheers for a good start! Stay tuned!
The one and only, Hungry Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment