1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 C low-fat sour cream
1 1/2 TBSP Lemon zest
1 1/2 TBSP Lemon juice
1 C sugar
6 TBSP softened butter
3 eggs, room temperature
2 TBSP confectioner sugar
1 tsp Lemon juice
1. For the cake, set the oven to 300F, grease your mold.
2. Mix your flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
3. In your mixer put the butter, sugar and lemon zest, mix for 2 minutes.
4. While this happens, whisk the lemon juice and sour cream together.
5. Back to the mixer, add the eggs one at a time until absorbed.
6. Now alternate sour cream and flour mixture until all is absorbed.
7. Pour into the mold and tap it firmly against the counter several times.
8. Into the oven, 60 minutes for a big loaf, 50 for small ones. Insert toothpick blablabla if ready. The top will be golden brown
Cool completely before frosting.
Mix the sugar and juice together until smooth, pour over the cake whimsically and eat to enjoy! Great with hot tea!
|Love me my lemons!|