Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mushroom and Pork skillet


Hi again!
In our quest to eat healthier, here's a delicious recipe for you to try at home.


Mushroom and Pork Skillet

1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin, cut in bite sizes
8 oz of baby portobello mushrooms
1 cup of wild rice (Texmati)
1 ½ cup of chicken broth
1 ½ cup of frozen vegetable mix
1 tbsp Italian spice mix
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

Clean and cut your mushrooms in quarters.
Place all the ingredients save for the frozen veggies in a thick skillet and bring to a simmer, cover.
Simmer for 15 mins then add the frozen veggies, cover again and cook for another 5 mins.
I need to buy new plates, too many bowls
Enjoy the simplest recipe. I know my butcher really likes me when he cuts my meat as thin as I like it and calls me honey. Teehee! I just love my neighborhood markets, I dearly hope to see more Americans return to their roots rather than head off to Stop n Shop for the convenience. It saves so much money, it's a bit annoying to drive around but it's worth it! Enjoy your week.


~ Hungry Julie

3 comments:

  1. This looks like an easy dish to prepare and it is very well rounded. It would be cool if I could go to the market every day and get fresh ingredients, but the nearest one is 45 miles. I know people from other cultures that do not even use their freezer-everything they eat was bought that day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo yum! I love mushrooms and I especially LOVE pork! I just made a dish that required mushrooms and I can't get enough! Thanks for sharing, I just might try that recipe sometime! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I might add some diced tomatoes, I feel it was missing a lill something.

    ReplyDelete