Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer fun!

I don't like summer.
I don't -hate- it, but I don't like it.
It's hot, it's sticky and the only thing edible is ice cream (not that it's a bad thing) but I love hot foods and sushi doesn't sit well with me in summer. But now that we're nearing the end, I can happily look forward to a nice cool fall. Not that I like winter either, but I LOVE fall. The spices and apples, hmmm! We might take a trip to Stow, VT when the leaves are really into it. Can't wait.

As promised, we went back to Armando's meat market and Four Town Farm, and a sad little trip to Stop n Shop, I'm trying to cut down as much as possible my trips there. When I can drive the car by myself, I'll be doing a trip to Walmart once a month. Still, we stayed within the $100 budget, and $20 of it was bathroom products. So yay!.

This week's bounty included the ingredients for a Pho Soup, shamelessly taken from Wandering Chopsticks. I must have been longer under my rock than I thought, I was amazed now sweet the butcher was to cut my beef round in deli slices without giving me the death glare I get at S&S.

I took today off from work just to make this, Hubby doesn't want me running the crock pot without supervision. My cats tends to get destructive... But I wouldn't want to miss the smell of this thing cooking for six hours either!!

In other news, I hate hot peppers. That is all.

No, really. I bought these Scotch Bonnets








 And promptly rubbed my face while holding my camera. It was a terrible, horrible, not good adventure. I cried for a good thirty minutes while my face was on FIRE, poor hubby tried to comfort me with these facts:

Scotch bonnet, also known as Boabs Bonnet, Scotty Bons or Bonney peppers,Latin: Capsicum chinense) is a variety of chili pepper that belongs to the same species as the habanero. A cultivar of the habanero, it is one of the hottest peppers in the world. Found mainly in the Caribbean islands and also in Guyana and the Maldives Islands, it is named for its resemblance to a Tam o'shanter hat. Most Scotch Bonnets have a heat rating of 100,000–350,000 Scoville Units. For comparison, most jalapeƱo peppers have a heat rating of 2,500 to 8,000 on the Scoville scale.

Next time I make roasted vegetables, I'll stick to garlic, which I made the following day. If there's one good thing in life, is roasting garlic and hear the lamentation of their women. Then spread it on a crunchy french baguette.






Have a good week ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment