Sunday, June 6, 2010

New stuff



Hey folks.

Got a new camera, and my driving permit. I feel like a big girl now. I've been in a depressed mood with a ton of things happening so I didn't really have time to depress. My house is a mess as per usual but a tad more controlled this time. When I cook I move the sewing machine, when I sew I move the kitchen stuff away. The circle of life.

The camera is a Canon Powershot G9, I paid $250 for it, mind you it's used but It's going to serve me perfectly. I've been playing with it all day and my husband is about to smash it to the ground if I keep trying to take snapshots of his naked butt. Mwahaha. Anyhow, I'll spare you.

It's too hot for spring, I declare summer is officially here now that we've put the ACs upstairs, one of my most horrible fault as a humanitarian (beside being a carnivore) is that I eat energy like there's no tomorrow. AC, stove, computers, lights etc etc. I eat electricity and meat. SO SUE ME.

Food plan wise I've been doing terrible, screw you Revolution. Meh. I try and plan out meals and every night my husband foils them by taking me out. And I'm too weak to refuse. I've had a few things go bad on me and I resorted in tossing everything in the freezer last week.

On a good note, the farmer's market is now on Sunday (who the fuck goes veggies shopping on a Thursday between 9-5, seriously???). So hubby and I drove there to drop a good $45 on 2 steaks($20), a bottle of pineapple hot sauce ($6), a cheese n pepperoni bread ($6), a bunch of red sunflowers ($3), 1lb of asparagus, 1 summer squash, 1 zucchini, 1 quart of the best strawberries evar ($10)

om fucking nom nom

Here's what I cook after eating cheese pepperoni bread all day:

Julie's good girl asparagus stir fry
Servings: 4 servings •

* 4 tbsp soy sauce (I use tamarin)
* 1 tbsp rice vinegar
* 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
* 1 tbsp chili paste (I use Sambal Oelek)
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 bell pepper, sliced
* 1 summer squash
* 1 handful of rice noodles (I didn't weight it, srry)
* 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned


Stir together soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside. Also set your noodles to soak while you cut your vegetables (it takes about 25-30 mins in hot water).

In a wok ,heat 1 tsp sesame oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside (Don't forget to drain them before re-adding them, shrimps sheds a lot of water).

Add remaining oil to wok. When oil is hot, add asparagus and cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring frequently.

Add the rest of the vegetables and stir fry until tenderness of your choice (I go about 5 mins).

While the veggies cook, make a hole in the middle of your veggies and drop the chili paste, let cook a minute before stirring it in. Add the shrimp back and the drained noodles. Pour the sauce over everything and simmer while stirring for another 5 mins until the noodles are al-dente.

Don't bother with salt unless you used low salt soy sauce.
Serve with delicious cold sake.

Yum!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment